Burger with Caramelized Onion
© Nicole Branan | Image ID: 11-176
© Nicole Branan | Image ID: 11-177
Recipe Notes: This burger patty is topped with whiskey caramelized onions - a simple but very tasty accompaniment for any beef.
Whiskey Caramelized Onion Recipe
(by Nicole Branan)
for two burgers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions and cook them until they turn deep brown (about 40 minutes).
- Turn the heat off, pour the whiskey into the pan, turn the heat back on and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
Image Description and Keywords: A beef burger with lettuce, tomato and a topping of caramelized onions in a dark, rustic setting. | hamburger, meat, vegetable, bread, fried, american, roll, whole wheat, food, horizontal, close up, cutting board, wood, sandwich, stock food photo, stock food image, stock photography, food photography