Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
© Nicole Branan
Image ID: 11-280
Image Description: A white bowl filled with cashew chicken stir fry and vegetables in a bright setting. A pair of wooden chopsticks is lying next to the bowl.
Additional Keywords: stir-fry, nut, Asian, Chinese, onion, scallion, pepper, chili, sauce, soy sauce, fried, vertical, food, sesame, carrot, stock food photo, stock food image, stock photography, food photography
Recipe Notes: This easy stir-fry recipe is a great weeknight stand-by. It works well with tofu instead of chicken as well!
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
(by Nicole Branan)
- 1/4 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 bunch green onions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 carrot, julienned
- 1 chili pepper, sliced, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Add sake, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, sesame seeds and cornstarch to a small bowl that you can pour out of and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a little bit of vegetable oil on high heat. Add the chicken and fry until brown on the edges, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat a little more vegetable oil in the pan and fry the vegetables in it (still on high heat).
- Add the cashews, then add the cooked chicken back to the pan and pour in the sauce.
- Cook on high heat until the sauce turns translucent.
- Serve with rice.