Chai-Spiced Apple Tarte Tatin
This stock photo is available for licensing through OFFSET.
Image ID: 22-778
Image Description: An overhead view of two slices of chai-spiced apple tarte tatin and a cup of freshly poured coffee in a fall setting.
Additional Keywords, fruit, tart, French, pastry, baked, plate, afternoon, fork, spoon, syrup, sauce, wood, upside down, rustic, vertical, food, dish, flaky, crumbs, glaze, autumn, pine cone, stock food photo, stock food image, stock photography, food photography
Recipe Notes: I love making tarte tatin with anything – onions, tomatoes, pears, you name it. But one of my favorites is still the classic apple version. The basic recipe I used here comes from the New York Times but I added chai spices for extra fall flavor. (I made a mix of cinnamon, clove, ginger, cardamom and black pepper). Serve the tart by itself or with a dollop of whipped cream.
Chai-Spiced Apple Tarte Tatin Recipe
- 6 - 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 6 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Head on over to the NYT for directions. Just mix all the spices together and sprinkle them over the apples after you've laid them into the pan and before you drape the pastry over them.
- Be careful when you turn the tart out, there is a lot of very hot syrup in the pan.