Chocolate Hazelnut Bavarian Cream with Hazelnut Liqueur
© Nicole Branan
Bavarian Cream Image ID: 33-902
Snow Image ID: 33-901
Image Descriptions: An overhead view of chocolate hazelnut Bavarian cream in a ramekin with a scalloped rim on a dark, rustic wood surface. | A closeup view of grass in a sunny field covered in fresh snow.
Additional Keywords: mousse, pudding, blue, napkin, food, spoon, dessert, sweet, nuts, plate, vertical, winter, nature, stock food photo, stock food image, stock photography, food photography
Recipe Notes: This recipe was inspired by a chocolate hazelnut panna cotta I had made a little while ago and it's similar in flavor but more hazelnutty (thanks to two tablespoons of Frangelico) and much lighter, softer and fluffier because of the folded in whipped egg whites and whipped cream. It's very easy to make and a great treat after a long hike through the spring snow landscape!
Chocolate Hazelnut Bavarian Cream with Hazelnut Liqueur Recipe
(by Nicole Branan)
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup Nutella, softened (I measure it out and then put it in the microwave for a few seconds)
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur, such as Frangelico
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- chopped hazelnuts as garnish
- Add gelatin and 1 tablespoon of cold water to a saucepan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with Nutella and liqueur until smooth.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Whip the cream with the sugar to stiff peaks.
- Heat the bloomed gelatin until just dissolved.
- Whisk the gelatin into the Nutella mix.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Fold in the cream.
- Fill into individual glasses or ramekins and chill until set (about 3 hours).