Coriander-Infused Lime Curd
© Nicole Branan | Image ID: 33-900
Recipe Notes: I've seen the coriander-citrus combination in a few recipes around the web lately (for example in this great lime meringue tart recipe) so I tried it out in a lime curd and it turned out quite well. The coriander is subtle but does come through nicely and makes a wonderful pairing with the tart citrus flavors.
As you can see I used a hefty amount of butter in this recipe and as a result this curd has a fairly firm consistency. It is delicious by itself but you can also spread it onto crepes or waffles.
Coriander-Infused Lime Curd Recipe
(by Nicole Branan)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
- 9 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into half-tablespoon-sized pieces
- The evening before you want to make the curd, combine lime juice and coriander seeds in a small saucepan, set over low heat and heat just until the juice starts to steam.
- Transfer to a glass bowl or glass liquid measuring cup, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar and egg yolks.
- Pour the lime juice through a fine strainer into the sugar/yolk mix. Whisk until smooth.
- Turn on the heat, set it to medium, then add the butter.
- Cook, whisking continuously, until the curd is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (Be careful not to let it boil).
- Take the saucepan off the heat, then pour the curd into a glass container and refrigerate.
Image Description and Keywords: A small glass jar filled with fresh lime curd on a dark, rustic wood table decorated with spring greenery. | coriander, spice, lemon, spoon, citrus, dessert, sweet, food, tree buds, leaves, floral, vertical, green, stock food photo, stock food image, stock photography, food photography