© Nicole Branan | Image ID: 22-794
Full Size Image Dimensions: 4016 pixels by 5275 pixels
Recipe Notes: Just a simple but delicious (and not too sweet) lemon curd recipe. You can eat the curd by itself, spread it on crepes or waffles, or make this great lemon and cherry trifle from Martha Stewart with it.
Lemon Curd Recipe
(by Nicole Branan)
- 9 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar and egg yolks.
- Whisk in the lemon juice.
- Turn on the heat (to medium), then add the butter.
- Cook, whisking continuously, until the curd is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (Do not let it boil).
- Take the saucepan off the heat, transfer the curd into a glass container and refrigerate.
Image Description and Keywords: Freshly prepared lemon curd in a jar in dark, dramatic light. | citrus, glass, spoon, sugar, knife, sweet, dessert, wood, rustic, vertical, food, fresh, stock food photo, stock food image, stock photography, food photography