Rosemary Caramel Sauce
© Nicole Branan | Image ID: 22-733
I have a horizontal version of this stock image available as well:
© Nicole Branan | Image ID: 22-734
Recipe Notes: This rosemary caramel sauce is very easy to make and a perfect accompaniment for a cheesecake.
Rosemary Caramel Sauce Recipe
(by Nicole Branan)
- 10 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Heat the cream and the rosemary sprig in a saucepan to a simmer. Turn the heat off, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Throw away the rosemary and pour the cream into a container you can pour from. Set aside.
- Grab a clean saucepan and add the water to it.
- Carefully add the sugar into a little heap into the middle of the saucepan and be careful not to have any sugar crystals on the sides of the pan.
- On high heat - and without any stirring or touching - let the mix come to a full boil. Be careful because both the mix and the saucepan will get very, very hot. Do not touch either under any circumstances!
- Keep boiling the mix on its own (without any stirring) on high heat until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue to boil the mix until it turns a deep amber color.
- Turn the heat off.
- Stand back, then very slowly whisk the cream into the mix, a little bit at a time. The sauce will bubble violently and is still very hot, so be very careful!
- Let the sauce cool and fill into a glass container. Gently warm it up in the microwave before using.
Image Description and Keywords: A closeup view of a vintage copper pot with rosemary caramel sauce dripping out of the spout. | herb, saucepan, drip, drop, napkin, macro, homemade, wood, rustic, vertical, food, close up, stock food photo, stock food image, stock photography, food photography